Friday 21 May 2021

Gymnastics Practice

Gymnastics practice

On Mondays and Fridays we do gymnastics practice for the gymnastics festival. We do Volt, Beam and floor routines. I am in B grade and I am finding the second half of the Volt scary.


Volt

Volt is a box with a soft red padding on the top. It is made of wood to help it hold us up when we are on them. We run up to the box, jump on the springs (they help us push off) Then we jump up onto the box in a straddle-like position and dismount off like we are landing on a motorbike. Next we do the same but this time we put our hands in the middle and do a straddle over the Volt without touching it with our legs.


 Beam

It’s a bit hard to explain our Beam routine. 

We sallout our judges and then push off without getting on. Then I will swing one of my legs around so it looks like I’m riding a horse. Then I put my right leg on the beam (kneeling and holding on) and lift my left leg up high and count 2 seconds. I swing my left leg up in front of my right leg and stand up. I dip my foot down low on the side then take fancy tip-toe steps across. Then I do it again. When I reach the end I turn around and lift my right leg up for 2 second then I take 2 steps across and dismount off in a star-jump.


Floor

Salout our judges and then quarter turn and forward roll. Half turn, Backward roll( then we jump up) quarter turn 2 side sashays. Half turn 2 more side sashays the straight into a cartwheel.


-Cornelia


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about