Monday 28 June 2021

"To Waste Our Life" Retell

 In my reading workshop L3, we have been working on "SKIMMING" & "SCANNING". We have been "SKIMMING" & "SCANNING" on an important article called: "To Waste Our Life".  First we had to answer the reflections questions, then, we had to retell a small Paragraph on "To Waste Our Life". Here is my RETELL, and, after that, click on the picture to take you to the LOOONG but GREAT persuasive text.

You might think online shopping is "BETTER" for our planet. You might think it doesn't waste petrol and tags,but, online shopping is WORSE. It gets tagged in plastic,wrapped in plastic, put in a plastic box and then gets sent off in a red plastic case. Your online clothes, ect, is also made in a big factory, then it travels in Vans, Trucks, cars, boats, planes and trains. Online shoppers, do you really need it? Or, do you really want it? Do you know where your packaging and plastic goes? Out to the sea. You might put it in the bin, but, it still gets dumped in the sea. Most Online Shopping happened in lockdown and still continued out to this present day. Its not just you that's Online Shopping, its everyone around the Globe. 18 million pieces of plastic gets wasted every year! Now, there are more pieces of plastic in our ocean, then stars in our galaxy. Over 6.1 K or billion get spent every year on unnecessary stuff/junk! Aria Hunt has recently posted an article on Kiwi kids news about this in further detail.

Minimize your shopping online!



6 comments:

  1. Also, just recently, we won 1000 dollars for the most rubbish and it went towards the school. The people want to put our picture up on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ivy here. Cornelia, I like the way you added a little exclamation at the top of your work to tell your viewers' what your writing is about. This reminds me of my "To Waste Our Life" article shortened, It is a little different to yours but I think your one has more detail. It's cool how you added a image to link to the topic by showing the readers the original writing by Aria Hunt. Have you online shopped before? I have! Thankyou for sharing your blog with me, bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy, Cornelia here! Yes I have online shopped before Just not after I found out. I have a big pile of the see-through white paper that I Love. I just found out that I can use it to pack my fragile stuff when I move into my new house.

      Delete
  3. Hi Cornelia, this is great! I loved having an exclamation to read. It made every so much more understandable. The only thing I think you could work on would be, making sure that your writing makes sense. Although over all you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cornelia, This is super great. I get the message of how to minimize online shopping. The organisers of online shops could maybe try to get the items in recycled paper bags. Maybe you could make the second paragraph into two paragraphs. From Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cornelia,I like your blog a lot. Have you ever been shopping online? It reminds me of when we go shopping online for Pokemon cards from Grandma. I learnt something about shopping online today. By Jaxon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about