Thursday 27 May 2021

Gymfest

 Gym fest


On Tuesday 25th of May,  Me and the rest of the people in B grade gymnastics competed in the gymnastics festival. I went in Olivia's car with Rio, Lila, Loosy, Dixie and Olivia. When we got there, there was a big "hot chips" stall that everyone went to. Everyone ate them but I didn't because all of the teachers said: "do not by your kids treats or you will have to by the hole class treats". I guess that the teachers hadn't planed that!

Wainui beach schools B grade gym got to practice in the trampoline club which was like a giant gym room with to massive trampolines in the middle. There, with all the other schools that were competing, we warmed up on the floor. Volt and Beam. When it was our turn we got split into 10 groups. In my group there was Ivy, Rio, Me, Amber and Millie. When we got called out we marched out as the crowed applauded us.


First we did the floor routine I was waiting 29 people before I got my turn. My score turned out lower than I expected because my backwards roll had such forse I nearly did another one! My score was 7.9.               Then we did the Beam. I got a high score of 8.7! Which I was very happy about! Lastly we did Volt. And I got a 7.8.  You can guess which one I had the highest points for! Well I thought that I would be very bad but it turned out to be the best. But It could have been better (if I had not forgot to lift my left leg up and hold it there for 2 seconds!)

Then we begged Olivia's mum to stay and watch our friend do their rhythmical ( I wish I had entered!)       It sucked because there was only 2 teams so they both got to got compete again (last night!) They were so good! The rhythmical team nailed it with their round offs, back flips, Aerials and trippel walk overs. A four girls did the back tuck with their friends. 

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about