Thursday 28 October 2021

The new pool

 After Athletics day I went to the Okitu store to get an Ice cream and then we went home. When we got home, we started to fill up our pool, and then our cousins: Elke, Gjord, Fiske and Ursula arrived. So did Crispy, (Fiske and Ursula’s dog) Auntie Heidi and Auntie Petra.


We had a fun day splashing around in the water. I was sliding along the bottom of the ankle high water on my tummy like a penguin. The bottom of the pool was so slippery that when you try to crawl along the bottom, your hand slip up. Charlotte, my friend, taught me how to do it but she accidentally kept face-planting on the walls of the pool. Luckily, I wasn’t that good and didn’t crash into the wall.


Then  the neighbours, Millie, Hosea, Sol, Abe, Biggie and Stanley came over. There were soooo many people in the pool so Elke, Gjord, Fiske, Ursula, Clem and I all got out leaving 6 left in the pool. Wow there were 12 people in the pool. That's a lot.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cornelia,
    Your blog is so true, I did keep face planting into the walls! It was fun, but sore. Didn't you continue to fill it up, as you started it on Monday, not Tuesday? It would have been really full in the pool, 12 people!! I would have probably hopped out to. Hope you had fun, and your blog is really good!

    Charlotte A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cornelia,
    From what I've read your pool sounds super exciting! 12 people! Wow! Wish I was there... Do you know what? Your description actually made me feel like I was in the pool, eating ice-cream! All sorts! One question...
    When you said you filled it up to ankle deep, what happened to the water when all the people came in? Did the water rise a bit?
    Also, can you teach me the penguin belly slide thing? It would be pretty funny!
    FEEDBACK: Maybe try writing more longer stories or recounts... I read your recount pretty fast I tried reading it twice!
    Seeya... Maybe on thursday?
    Josie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about