Friday 4 June 2021

Enviro action

 Enviro action day

Enviro actionday is the day when MLH do some mahī in the garden. 


Last friday we went down to the beach and collected Kelp for our gardens. Then we hung it up on the fence to dry for 1 week and a ½.     


All day one ⅛ th of the kids in MLH (including me) Ran back and forth carrying buckets and wheelbarrows of seaweed to spread on the gardens. So koka Rosie left us in charge of the gardens for Wednesday, but I was sick so they crossed out my name. 


On wednesday, I was surprised to see that my name had been crossed out. So I had to go down and compete in the rubbish competition (I thought I would come last).


We each got a bucket and walked down the beach looking for rubbish. We got heaps! And it turned out that there was a prize for the most amount of rubbish. My group  got 49 cigarette butts and 17 pieces of metal. Our total of rubbish was 337! And we won! Me, Ivy and Josie won a japanese lollipop that was like little sushi’s but there was one sashimi.


Josie got the sashimi and me and Ivy got sushi lollipop.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about