Wednesday 10 March 2021

Aiming for a Green-Gold School

Aiming for a Green-Gold School

When I walked into school,I noticed that most kids had buckets in their hands and scruffy clothes. As I joined up with my friend Josie, she noticed as well. “Oh I forgot” she said.”Today is action day!” And I replied…”what is action day?” But she said nothing. As we gathered on the mat the teachers explained that we were a Silver Enviro school, They said today we would meet our enviro person Kauri and she would tell us which part of the school we would work in.  


First we would learn some more things about the environment, then we would go out and start pulling out weeds and harvest the kumara.


Weeding was tough and five kids got to do the fun stuff (harvesting the food),

but after we had settled into the job, we were like machines. Half way through I got chosen to help harvest the kumara. (I was like a dog digging for bones in the sand). One time I found a big bunch of ten kumara but Koka Rosie asked for Josie to pick them. Soon afterward we had 11 butternuts, 3 pumpkins , 5 rockmelons and 500 kumara, all shapes and sizes.


We had a great day! Boy I am going to sleep well tonight!

( I diden't there was a mossi bugging me)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about